Botox is a well-known procedure used for treating wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Through injecting micro needles, the medicine can temporarily reduce a muscle activity that causes the skin to form wrinkles. It is also used to remove muscular spasm in the eyelids, control sweat secretion, cure urinary incontinence, and treat chronic headache.
What are the positive effects of Botox?
- Sun exposure damages our skin in more ways than one. A good example of skin damage that it can cause is temporary wrinkles that start forming whenever we move our facial muscles. Aside from becoming permanent, these wrinkles can make your skin look tired and stern while your underlying muscles remain still. This is where Botox comes in. The treatment will relax the muscles under every permanent wrinkle, thus making your skin look smoother and younger.
- Physicians also use Botox around the lip area. With the right amount of medicine, the injection can relax the wrinkle around the lips to smoothen lines that are caused by smoking or aging. Using Botox on the lower face could be risky as it could immobilize the lips. That’s why this kind of treatment should only be done by a professional.
- Other Physicians use Botox to relax Platysma muscle. Platysma muscle is a tightened band of tissue found on the front neck of a person. This is a common problem area among most patients. In this treatment, Botox injections are used to help lessen the appearance of Platysma muscle.
- Another good reason to use Botox is that it can improve drooping eyebrows.
- Botox injection is also used to treat excessive underarm sweating or hand sweating (also known as hyperhidrosis). The injection targets the sweat glands responsible for hyperhidrosis and blocks sweat release.
- People who suffer nervous disorder in the bladder can also benefit in Botox injections. This condition can be treated by injecting Botox in the urinary bladder to help loosen the muscles. Through Botox injections, the urinary bladder can store more urine and cure urinary incontinence.
- Those who suffer from severe neck or shoulder spasm can also benefit from Botox injections. Spasm on the eyelids can also be cured with this procedure as Botox can loosen the eyelid muscles.
What are the Botox side effects?
When used properly and in accordance with the FDA approved procedures, Botox can treat many conditions safely and effectively. There could be side effects but these are very minor and could only manifest when procedures are not done correctly. These side effects are as follow:
- Muscle weakness
- Facial Pain
- Drooping eyelids
- Tooth problems
- Indigestion and/or heartburn
- Sore throat
- Dry mouth
Allergic reactions could also cause the following side effects:
- Hives or rash
- Difficulty in breathing
How much does Botox cost and is it worth it?
The cost for a single Botox treatment ranges from $200 to $400. Cost may vary depending on the physician, units required, location, and a lot more. If you are thinking of getting Botox injections, be sure to discuss the following: 1.) the amount of units needed in the procedure, 2.) price per unit, and 3.) the dermatologist or plastic surgeon who will conduct the procedure. For you to be completely satisfied with the results, ensure that the surgeon or dermatologist is someone who you can trust and is board certified to do the procedure.
The effects of Botox last for about three to four months. Some patients prefer to continue the treatment by having their skin injected with Botox every 4 months. Continuing the treatment does not only help you maintain your appearance but also prevents new wrinkles from forming.
With these wonderful benefits, no wonder Botox has become one of today’s most popular cosmetic solutions when it comes to treating wrinkles and other skin problems. Explore our website to find out more about our cosmetic services!